Preventing Water Leak & Water Damage
How can you prevent water damage Northshore and a water leak? One important tip is to make sure that you get regular maintenance checks for your plumbing, for your roofing and for any other potential areas that might put you at risk. Flat roofs are particularly dangerous because they can cave in when water builds up on top – so make sure a contractor comes round to look at them often.
Likewise, if you’re on a flood plain, then look into building up defenses that can protect you in case there should be one. Plumbing is also something that needs regular maintenance and checkups – and if your plumber tells you that your system is old and could do with replacing… don’t put it off!
Proper Maintenance of your home – It sounds simple enough but this is another common source of water damage.
- Ensure you clean out your gutters and exterior drains to allow all that rain water to properly drain away from your home.
- Extend the downspouts around your home, you want all the water to funnel as far away from the house as possible.
- Ensure your roof is in good condition so it can handle the rain throughout the year, older roofs or even new roofs that are faulty will make it easier for rainwater to penetrate through to your indoor space.
- Be cautious while doing repairs and renovation in your home. Be mind full of pipes within walls, for example before you start to mount your big screen tv on the wall check to make sure there are no pipes where you plan on drilling.
Keep an eye on your house –
- Obviously, crawlspaces and attics are not lived in but even basements and guest rooms are not visited as often. These areas get less attention and thus it is harder to catch any leakage or property damage occurring.
- Part of keeping an eye on your home could include installing power outage alarms or a battery back-up which are important if your house operates on a sump pump system. If the power is out on your sump pump then that will increase the chances of having a sewer backup in your home.
- There are also flood sensors you can install in those areas of your house that need the extra attention or are more susceptible to water damage. The alarms will warn you when water is sensed so you can act quickly and avoid large damages.
Washing Machine/ Appliances – Any appliance, machine, or unit that operates with water in your home can be a primary source for water damage Providence, RI.
- Do not run your washing/dishwashing machine when you are not home! This is a real common one; you throw a load of laundry in the washing machine and you leave to go grocery shopping. While you are gone there is an issue with the machine (overflow, broken feed line, etc.) and water begins to pour of it, flooding your home. So that being said, make sure you are home when you are running your water based appliances so that you can stop any water damage Northshore or water spillage as soon as possible.
- Showers and bath units are another big source for water damage issues. If you see the tiles, grouting or caulking begin to look old or worn down or even broken, that is a sign for fixing it as soon as possible. If you leave it be then I will assure you that you will encounter a water damage issue at some point and likely even mold growth as well.
- Toilets are probably in the top most wanted list for causing water damage Canton, MA. I will put this very simply; do not flush anything that is not meant to be flushed in the toilet! This includes paper towels, actual towels, fish, kitty litter and the list goes on. If you stick to this rule you will hugely reduce any chances of having a water damage issue resulting from your toilet.
When you need a water damage restoration company Boston, MA –
Why Call AirCare Environmental?
1. Deductible Assistance Up To $1,000 on Insurance Jobs
2. Immediate Response – 24/7
4. Certified IICRC, NADCA
AirCare Environmental is a certified full-service disaster cleanup provider offering water and fire damage restoration, mold testing, removal and remediation, and indoor air quality testing. We are centrally located in Canton, MA and service commercial and residential properties throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. In addition to our core services listed above, AirCare Environmental also offers duct cleaning and a variety of cleanup and sanitation services performed by licensed and certified professionals. No air quality, water, fire, and mold damage specialists are more prepared than our team for adapting to your emergency needs. Contact us today for a review of our full range of services and their associated costs. We offer accurate and reliable FREE ESTIMATES.